My Birth Story

Well, I figured I should post a blog about how TJ came into the world now before I go back to work and want to spend all my spare time with him.

On Weds March 26th I went to my regular weekly check up and My doctor told me I gained 8 lbs that week and my blood pressure was kinda high. She sent me over to triage to get monitored for a few hours. I was having contractions but nothing consistent. Everything came back normal and they sent me home.

Thursday March 28th at 8:30 AM i got a fever (102) and called my doctor told them what was going on and they told me they would call me back. I was shaking i was so cold i had 2 sweaters on and a blanket and sweater on over my legs and i couldn't even talk I was so cold. I was feeling great my whole pregnancy until this moment. I felt like crap all i wanted to do was go home and lay there with 500 blankets and watch TV. (not teach someone how to do my job while i was gone)
By 11:30 my fever broke and I was feeling like i did before. full of energy and ready to go. 12:15 came along and it was time to go to lunch I got up and was walking into the break room when it felt like I had a discharge (thinking I should just walk straight into the bathroom) but the fluid kept coming. It felt like I was peeing in my pants. As soon as I got in the stall SPLASH!!! all over the floor and all over my clothes. I just started to cry i was so embarrassed there was another person in the bathroom listening to this whole thing. My mom came in and asked if I was okay i just told her to go get Tim and she asked again if i was okay all i could say was my water broke. Then the whole office was going crazy standing outside the bathroom. My manager was talking to me through the stall while my mom went to go get Tim and a blanket for the walk to the car.
All i could say to Tim when I came out was "We are having a baby today"

On the drive to the hospital my contractions were every 3 mins apart and really painful. Tim dropped me off at the door and went to park the car. while I was standing there without my blanket (Tim said you couldn't see that I was all wet so I left the blanket) and by the time Tim got to me i wet down to my knees all the way in the front and back.

I had to wait in triage for about 45 mins while they got my paperwork together and got an IV in me. I was already asking for an epidural my contractions were every 2 mins apart but i was only at a 2.

When I got to the room i was at a 4 and still waiting for my pain meds. Let me tell you I had to have my epidural I couldn't even breathe through them. I was having contractions every min and a half. After two hours of labor i got my epidural and I was not at a 5. The family was glad that i was finally not in pain. I was put on oxygen because my blood pressure was dropping and TJ's heart rate was kinda weird. (oxygen did the trick and we both were back to normal) My dad decided to go ahead and leave to get the camera from the house and leave a note that he wouldn't be at his class that night. As soon as he left they came in and checked me again and I was at an 8. that was at about 5:30.

At 6 right when my dad was back he came in the room to tell me he was back and then everyone was kicked out because they needed to get me ready for pushing. Epidural still doing the trick I started pushing at 6:15. The oxygen was great to have in between contractions to get my breathe back. TJ had a little trouble getting his head out because his cord was wrapped around his shoulders keeping him inside. The doctor used the vacuum (not the technical word for it) TJ was born at 6:37. 6 hours and 22 mins from when my water broke.
He was 8lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long.

Thanks for all the prayers and gifts during pregnancy, delivery and after.

love you all!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews