3/27/09

One Year Old...Tear.

I can’t believe that a year ago today I was sitting at work with a fever and ridiculously uncomfortable only to be thrown into labor with my water breaking at my office. Then after 6 ½ hours of labor to hold my little 9 lb baby. Now he is my little 25 lb baby!! Tear. This year has been one of the best years of my life. I have never felt so much purpose in my life. I can see the love in TJ’s eyes when I walk in the door. His face lights up when he sees me or Tim. He looks for us when we aren’t there. I honestly think he is the best baby ever. He has slept GREAT since we brought him home, he eats GREAT, and he is ALWAYS smiling or laughing. I look back at this year and am absolutely amazed at all God has already promised this little man. He was prophesied over numerous times before he was even born and then multiple times just in his first year.
Now for the monthly update: This month he learned to kiss. He kisses me and Tim all the time. He leans in with his mouth wide open. He’ll even give them without being asked. He loves kissing Lex. Mike and Heather watched him for an evening while I was at Tim’s play. They love each other and have so much fun together. Here they are smoochin’:
He’s learning some sign language and is kind of getting it. I think the big part is I need to remember to make him do it. He is also learning to share. He’ll offer his cracker or spoon full to me or whoever is feeding him. He thinks it’s the greatest thing ever and will start to giggle when you “take” a bite. One of my most favorite things that he does is that when we leave or enter a empty room he waves. Like he sees something that I don’t. Now I ask him where the angel is…and he’ll look around the room and stop and focus on something. He is right on the edge of walking. He actually just doesn’t seem interested. He’ll walk around the furniture, he’ll walk with his walker and he walk while holding on to our hands but doesn’t want to even attempt stepping without holding on to something. He won’t reach. You can guarantee that I will post a blog once he has walked hopefully along with a video. I am actually okay with him not jumping up and walking because I know that is one more thing that makes him less of a baby. I know he’ll do it soon but it’s been wonderful him not walking early.
Here he is this month:
And then the year in review of pictures:
Minutes Old

1 Month Old
2 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months Old

5 Months Old

6 Months Old

7 Months Old

8 Months Old

9 Months Old

10 Months Old

11 Months Old

Well that is the last year of our lives with just a few of the good pictures.

We love T.J. and can't imagine our life without him. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for him and us as we transitioned into the new life of being parents.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews