Anna's Birth Story

Here it is... this is a birth story so I will be discussing labor and delivery.

My doctor scheduled my inducing for Friday the November 19th at 5 AM. I tried so hard to get a good night sleep. I went to sleep fine but woke up at 2:22 and couldn't go back to sleep.

Friday November 19th I went in to labor and delivery at 5 AM to be induced. They were all ready for me. I was all dressed and hooked up to the IV by 5:10. I had to be monitored for 20 minutes before they could start the inducing medicine. They started the pitocin at 5:30 and we settled in for a long day.

I started at a 2 when we got there. The contractions weren't bad. After an hour of the pitocin the contractions were 4-6 minutes apart. The plan was for the Doctor to break my water at around 9 when she came in. They won't give me an epidural until I'm at a 4. The contractions just felt like what I had been having the weeks before then. They didn't get bad until 9ish and got to 2 minutes apart. The doctor ended up getting there at 9:30. When she got there I was at a 3 and 80-90% effaced. Once she broke my water the contractions were hard enough that I asked for the epidural. Since I was close enough they agreed to give me the epidural instead of just the pain medicine I asked for right before the doctor came in.

the bottom part of the screen are my contractions
The epidural was in by 10:30 and by 10:45 I was at a 4-5 and 90% effaced. At noon I was at a good 6 and could start to really feel the contractions through the epidural. They weren't really hurting just felt like rough braxton hicks contractions. 12:30 the contractions were a minute and a half apart and I could barely talk through them so they came in and gave me more. At 12:45 the nurse came in to check me and see how I was doing. It was BABY TIME. In 45 minutes I went from a 6 to a 10.

My doctor told me to have the baby before lunch time. I didn't make it before noon but it was baby time right at her lunch time. She came in right before 1. I started pushing at 1, pushed 3 times and Anna was born at 1:05

I knew I just needed a little push and she would come quickly. Tim won't let me say my labor started at 5:30 when they gave me the pitocin because it wasn't really labor till about 9 am (right before the dr came in and broke my water). From 5:30 it was 7.5 hours of labor, from 9 it was 4 hours. Either way it was quick!
Minutes after she was born
Me and My Anna, minutes after she was born and cleaned up.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews