11/4/10

37 Weeks

Wednesday I went to my weekly appointment. It was an up and down appointment. I was excited about some things but not about others.

First of all Tuesday night we were doing some stuff around the house and I was getting ready for bed and took off my shoes to find my ankles bigger than my shoes. UGH. I immediately went horizontal and put tight socks on to push all the fluids out of my feet and ankles.

My feet and legs continued to swell all day on Wednesday. I went into my appointment that afternoon knowing they would tell me I gained a bunch. I gained 6 pounds this week. Not what I wanted to hear but I know most of that is water weight. I'm still under my weight that I was with TJ by 4 pounds. My blood pressure is still very good. I found out at the appointment that my blood pressure was going weird around 28 weeks. They never told me, I'm guessing it wasn't bad enough to let me know.

OK now on to the details. I am barely at a 1 and about 50% effaced. She was hoping I was further progressed but I haven't. She said that Anna was big. I asked "so I'm not going to have a little petite baby girl" with her reply "uh NO!" She didn't say the weight she thinks she is but at this point she should be a little over 6 pounds to 6.5 pounds. So she could be around 7 something or more at this point.

She doesn't want me to have a huge baby but she won't induce before 39 weeks. She is going to watch my progression the next few weeks to see if I'm progressing myself. Inducing when I'm not ready could end in a c-section but then waiting to see if I'll go into labor Anna could get to big and then I could end in a c-section.

I know that God has a plan for me and Anna and I have faith that everything will go as planned. I'm praying I progress enough on my own to handle the induction or I go into labor on my own. I've heard that inducing is not fun and natural labor progression is easier but I'll do what I have to do to get her here.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews