11/17/10

Sigh of Relief

Well I just got home from my 3rd doctor appointment in the last 7 days.

At my last appointment (Monday) she stripped my membranes which can induce labor in itself. Well I had insane contractions all night on Monday night and all day on Tuesday. They started to slow and stopped within 24 hours of starting. I really thought I might have had her Monday or Tuesday. The contractions were so strong I couldn't talk or walk through them and changing positions wouldn't make them stop.

I went to bed so frustrated and mad last night because I felt fine and was having no contractions. Tim and I went to bed at 8:15. I didn't want to think or do anything else. I just wanted to sleep.

This morning I woke up feeling pretty good but NO contractions what so ever. I knew my appointment today would be a bust.

Well, I gained a pound. Not so bad considering I hadn't gained any weight in a couple of weeks. Finishing off 10 pounds less than I was with TJ. I progressed a tiny bit. But the major thing was that she could feel Anna's head. She had moved down drastically. Yah, that means I'm ready to be induced.

So unless I have her in the next 36 hours, I will be induced Friday morning at 5 am. I'm still hoping and praying I have her before then just so I don't have to go on that dreaded pitocin but I'll do anything to get her here safe and sound.

I'll post a blog once we have her but remember I'll be posting updates on twitter.

Here is the link to my profile: http://twitter.com/#!/katieleckie and here is the link to Tim's profile: http://twitter.com/#!/timleckie 
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews