7/24/08

A Milestone for TJ

TJ of course started eating Rice Cereal this week but has discovered something new. Last night when I got home he was fussing because his mouth was hurting him real bad. I was trying to give Tim a break from listening to him cry. When he was laying on my lap he stopped for a second and he discovered his hands. Now if you spent any time with TJ at all you know that he holds his hands all the time, even when he was in the NICU he would put his hand around the other one that had the IV in it. It surprised me that it took him so long to actually find them, but I was definitely glad that I was there to see them discovered. He looked shocked that they were there.

We also put him in the box again last night. He was starting to get a hang of holding himself up. He was also getting pretty good at holding the teething ring in his mouth. He dropped it at first and when I picked it up and was trying to hand it to him, he just opened him mouth and leaned forward for me to hold it in his mouth for him. He was like a little bird opening his mouth as wide as he could.

He has been teething like crazy the last couple of days. Just fussing all day and inconsolable. We had been giving him Tylenol but it didn't seem to be helping him at all. At about 2:30 yesterday I remembered the orajel baby was in the bag and told my mom to try that, he was immediately happier. When we felt around in his mouth it feels like one of the eye teeth is coming in. Its been so bad he actually has been waking up in the night. He hasn't done that since he was about 3 weeks old. Happy times. He seems better today so hopefully he'll get through this before we are driving 6 hours in the car to Arkansas.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews