8/11/08

Presbytery

Last fall there was a group of us that went through our Lifting Up Eagles class. Its kinda a class that you take to be a member. I was a member before but since I left and then Tim and I got married and came back we went through this class and are now members. Sometime after you become a member we have a Presbytery. For those of you who may not know what a Presbytery is I will post a little blipit at the end of this blog.
The point of this blog is to tell you that we started our Presbytery last night. There were a few couples that were in the hot seat and a few individuals that went. Our turn is tonight. I'm really excited to see what God will speak to me and to Tim. We have never been through one together. We have had seperate words given to us while we were together. I was given a word right before we got married that confirmed that I was marrying the right one that God had chosen for me. Last night was amazing and it really hit home for some people. Keep us in your prayers today and tonight. Also you are more then welcome to come and cheer us on tonight. It starts at 7 at our church. Let me know if you want directions.


The time of presbytery is an event which should be treated with respect and a sense of expectation by the body. It is a time when God, through the elders, directs or confirms ministry, and imparts the gifts necessary for the function of that ministry. Presbytery provides an excellent opportunity for members to be "set in" to their place of ministry. Presbytery provides the elders and other leaders of the body the opportunity to discover and prepare the ministries which are being released among the members of the fellowship. With this in mind, it is important for the entire body, as well as presbytery candidates, to be prepared with prayer, fasting and a worshipful attitude.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews