2/5/09

Happy Birthday Debra

Well I think this is the first time since Tim and I have been together/ married that we haven’t been around Debra on her Birthday. Okay there was one year that she was in California on the day of her birthday but we either celebrated before or after she went. This year they are in Arkansas and we aren’t sure when we can celebrate with her.

I did want to take some time to talk about my mother in law. It’s very scary how times I find myself doing things for Tim that I’ve seen her do for Bill. Giving them expired medicine, going on an extra trip to the store because I forgot to get Dr. Peppers (for her diet coke), and a bunch of other random things. I do see some other similarities in the two of us and that is that we LOVE our husbands, we LOVE our kid(s), but above all else we LOVE our Lord. I see her striving to be a better Christian and to be a better wife, mother, and grandmother. There has been so many times when I’ve had a hard day or am in a sticky situation and she will either give me a verse that just so happens helped her out too or she will just listen to me yammer on.

Don’t get me wrong there has been times when she is a mother in law but no matter what I love her and am glad she is a part of my family. Here is a funny story for you. When Tim and I were dating and would hang out at their house. We would just be talking and she would say “what?” than we would follow with “nothing, we aren’t talking to you” haha. So we had to come up with a language of our own.  Really it was just mumbling, but it drove her crazy!! We thought it was pretty funny.

We are hoping to get up to Arkansas for a wedding at the end of the month. We are still trying to work that out and then planning on them coming down here for TJ’s birthday in March.



Love you Debra and have a Happy Birthday! Hope you get that iPhone.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews