2/9/09

I Want to Love


I have been going to a women's bible study once a month and for whatever reason this last class really hit at home for me. It was about love and doing things in love. I don't think that it is necessarily only doing things for the people you love but doing them out of the love of your heart. If I do good things but don't do them in love then I have nothing. Like in 1st Corinthians 13: 1. If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Walking with God is a love affair. God is love!! If I love him and become more intimate with him it becomes easier for me to love and to do things in love. I learn that conversation with God is life and without conversation on earth I can’t build relationship.

There are things in my life that concern me every day they become frustrations in my life. Things I can't do anything about. Things that I want to fix but not my place to touch or discuss. ALL I can do is love. Pour love on the situations and pray.

I want to love my husband more. He is a great husband. I don't want to do things for him because I feel like I have to, I want to do them out of love. What will God say of my marriage if we make it 65 years but I rolled my eyes, found things to push his buttons, or did things with a grudge the whole way through? But I guess I grow with failure. I've grown, I've learned, and I'm ready. I'm ready to love!!! I'm going to love. Not only just love but will do things with love. It all comes down to God, if God is love then how would I do it without him.

With my relationships with my friends and family. When I’m gone I want to be remembered as one who did things out of the love of my heart. One that loved with all my heart and did whatever possible to strengthen my relationships.

Then there is my child. My Little Timothy! He is the most wonderful little guy. And what kind of parent would I be if I didn’t show him the love of God? God gave him to me to raise him up to be a prophet. He has the most wonderful things already planned for his life and I am here to help him along on that path. I must show him God’s love by loving him and loving him with Christ in me.

God is Love and if God is the Great I AM than that means that I am the little I AM.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Total Pageviews